HomeAbout UsEnergy Performance CertificateGreen DealContact UsFAQ's

What is an Energy Performance Certificate?

An EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) gives prospective buyers or tenants information on the energy efficiency and carbon emmissions of that specific building on the date of the energy inspection.

This report provides an energy rating for homes from A to G, similar to consumer friendly ratings on fridges and other electrical appliances, this in turn may help you to lower your utility bills and reduce your energy usage and at the same time reduce your carbon emissions.

The report offers various recommendations, with ways to further improve your energy efficiency rating. These recommendations shows you a guide to the cost of the improvements and how much they are likely to save you year on year! By making just a few basic change to your home the average household makes a saving of £300 a year off their utility bills according to the Energy Saving Trust.

Rugby & warwickshire epc energy certificates


The government is commited to comply with EU Directive 2002/91/EC which requires an Energy performance Certificate for dwellings at the time of sale or rent.

Government Legislation has now come into force. (1st October 2008) This means that all sellers and landlords are required by law to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for all buildings or parts of buildings before they can be marketted forsale or rent. Those carrying out the construction of a building are required to provide a predicted Energy Certificate (EPC). The new owner will then receive the Energy certificate (EPC) in the information sent to the Solicitor/ Conveyencer.

Exceptions to the requirement of an EPC

  • EPC's are not required before the construction of a building is completed. Nor are they required on the sale, rent or construction of:
  • Places of worship;
  • Temporary buildings with a planned time of use less than 2 years;
  • Stand alone buildings with a total useable floor area floor area less than 50m2 that are not dwellings;
  • Industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings with low energy demand.

link to direct gov information site